Music Man JP6 John Petrucci Dargie Delight I 2007 with piezo
Very limited run of Music Man JP6 in Dargie Delight. The name came from Scott Ball, who uses the pseudonym “Dargie” on the Ernie Ball Forums. Scott runs the MusicMan guitar operation in San Luis Obispo, California.
This finish was first shown at the 2006 NAMM show, and Sterling Ball (Scott’s dad) was quoted as saying that green guitars do not sell well. There was some conversation on the Ernie ball forums, and it was decided that these guitars and basses could be ordered through dealers during a brief (one or two week) order period during the summer of 2006.
Only 10 guitars like this (6 string JP with piezo) were ever made made.
The most distinguishable features are: martini olive green colour and Martini glass fretboard inlays. It makes a stunning looking instrument, catching the eye in the audience.
- Body: basswood
- Neck: birdseye maple
- Fretboard: rosewood
- Body Finish: High gloss polyester in Dargie Delight
- Bridge: Standard - Custom John Petrucci Music Man® floating tremolo of chrome plated, hardened steel with Piezo bridge with solid steel saddles
- Scale Length: 25-1/2" (64.8 cm)
- Neck Radius: 15" (38.1 cm)
- Headstock Size: Only 5-7/8" (14.9 cm) long
- Frets: 24 - High profile, wide, nickel
- Neck Width: 1-11/16" (43.0 mm) at nut, 2-1/4" (57.2 mm) at last fret
Fret Markers: Martini Glasses
- Neck Finish: Gunstock oil and hand-rubbed special wax blend
- Tuning Machines: Schaller M6-IND locking with pearl buttons
- Switching: 3-way toggle pickup selector, with custom center position configuration 3-way toggle piezo/magnetic selector
- Pickups: HH - Neck: DiMarzio LiquiFire, Bridge: DiMarzio Crunch Lab