Fender Stratocaster Custom Shop Black Lightning 2017
Here's something really special. A very unique blend of a 60s stratocaster with an 80s shred guitar. A light-weight alder body and 60s C profile neck with a rosewood fretboard coupled with 50s singles in the neck and middle position is what we'd expect for a conservative approach to a Stratocaster. On the other hand, the fretboard radius is 12" inches, we have an Original Floyd Rose double-locking tremolo system and there's a DiMarzio humbucker in the bridge position which are features one could associate with 80s players.
Together it forms a light-weight, highly resonant, comfortable to play guitar. The array of sounds ranges from bell-like single tones to roaring rock screams with exposed high midrange - definitely helps to achieve pinched harmonics when rocking your overdriven Marshall.
If you like classic tones but also rock away to Van Halen or Jane's Addiction - get it!
- Body wood: Alder, sorted for light-weight
- Neck: Maple 5/4 quarter-sawn
- Neck profile: 60s oval C, 0.790" - 0.930"
- Fretboard: Rosewood AAA, 9mm thick
- Fretboard radius: 12"
- Frets: Jescar 6100 Jumbo
- Finish: Black nitro lacquer over 3-tone sunburst
- Nut: Floyd Rose locking nut
- Bridge: Floyd Rose Original, not recessed
- Pickups: Fat 50s Neck, Fat 50s Middle, Dimarzio Tone Zone DP-155 Bridge
- Relic: heavy wear
- Case: yes
- Certificates and case candies